10 cool Android launchers to pimp your smartphone with
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:02
One of the things that Android excels at is being customizable, and everyone who has tinkered with their Android-powered device know how true that statement is. Just think about it: not only that you can throw a whole bunch of useful widgets on your home screens, but you are free to alter the entire interface by using a custom launcher...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. LiudvikasLTU posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:20 3
I'm using it, it's very good actually.
If you customize the status bar, make an image hub, it can look almost the same as wp7
5. sid07desai posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:45 6
then i guess there is no need to buy a carppy lumia when you can get that experience on android. good.
7. aaronkatrini posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:56 1
I just tried it and I don't like it... Its not as fast as an actual WP7 device and its very annoing with the ads :(
Also its just a launcher, so only looks like wp7, all the apps remain the same (well, i wasnt expecting to change!).
35. domspencer01 posted on 22 Jul 2012, 00:57 0
Launcher 7 is actually pretty good. It's quite fast and yes it doesn't make the actual apps look different, but I love it. Popup 7 is also great, it allows you to receive SMS the same way WP7 does.
3. jroc74 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:44 2
Great thing too....no need to root the phone.
This is something some folks fail to realize when those of us that like and use Android talk about customization....
If a person can download a fart app and play with it.....how it is so much more complicated and extra work to download a launcher and play around with it? Dont ppl customize their desktop PC's?
Customization...out the box, no root needed....is a big pro for Android.
6. ilia1986 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:45 5
You forgot to add the MIUI launcher! It's very popular as well. :)
11. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:40 1
Massive theme support as well.
14. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:47 0
Holo launcher, anyone? Great launcher for any version, Gingerbread through Jelly Bean.
8. jroc74 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:56 0
I have Launcher Pro, ADW, Regina 3D, FTL Launcher.......some more expensive ones like SPB Shell 3D, TSF Shell all on my RAZR.
Used Tag Home, Helix Launcher 1 and 2, Go Launcher before.
And Moto Home fix and Home Smack to switch between them all with ease. But...I wind up using the stock launcher on my RAZR more. Even more now that its on ICS.
10. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:05 2
I own a Razr as well and the best launcher I could find was Apex. You should try it out.
23. jroc74 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:00 0
I keep hearing good things about it. Might try it today...
30. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:56 0
Yeah it's great.
9. tanim posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:00 0
Any monochrome laucher, theme??? Like the one in LG Prada
12. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:41 1
Go Launcher has a LG Prada theme, looks just like it. There's also a Go Locker theme for LG Prada.
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:44 3
I've used 9 of those, and a few that weren't listed. My launcher of choice right now is Nova Pro with Go Launcher themes. There's no shortage of launchers, each one is slightly different to fit the needs of just about anyone interested in making their phone more personal. Love Android for this.
15. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:08 0
Ok.. so anyone can help me out selecting the lightest launcher out of these?? Have a phone with1GHz processor and 512MB RAM(SE-SK17i). I want performance over customization. Anyone, please?
24. oddmanout posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:37 0
I recommend you try Lightning Launcher. Its probably the simplest and fastest/straight forward launcher on the market. Just have to do some twee king at first. Or if you like the simplicity of the iPhone, try Espier Launcher (complete mimic of the iPhone down to the icons). These are two launchers people sleep on or haven't heard of.
34. LostInTheRed posted on 20 Jul 2012, 12:05 0
I personally use Go Launcher EX on my Galaxy S 4G (same specs) with a few of the wigets made for it and it runs pretty well. Smooth with a large amount of customization.
16. BattleBrat posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:10 0
I've used 4 of those, My favorite being SPB Shell 3D, It is on my old Droid X now.
18. baldilocks posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:39 0
A couple of these haven't been updated since 2010 - like LauncherPro. Not a good choice really.
19. djbuan posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:45 1
I have been using TSF launcher and it is so awesome! super smooth on my s3. never lags!
20. amkang posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:32 0
Really? Launcher Pro is not only included, it's number one?!?!?
Maybe if this was a discussion of best launchers of ALL TIME it would be ok but the developer stopped developing this a long, long time ago. It FC's constantly and badly needs to be updated.
Someone should have done a little research and read the Market reviews.
I used to LOVE Launcher Pro. I even paid for the full version cuz the widgets rocked. Sadly, this app has been abandoned and my money has gone *poof* along with it.
21. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:46 0
It's not a ranking, it's a list.
25. oddmanout posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:45 0
I recommend trying Espier Launcher to those switching from the iPhone to android. It basically turns android into iOS with the android market. Or if you want something straight forward I'd try lightning launcher. Both of these launchers impressed me. Definitely worthy of a download.
26. robocopvn posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:06 0
launcher pro is without an update for very long time :D
27. srk_srinivas posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:13 0
HOLO Launcher is the Best out there, you should try...
28. taz89 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:15 0
was a launcher pro user then moved to adw then go laucher then apex and now on nova which is just the best
29. frustyak posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:17 1
I've tried more than a few of the launchers on the list, and I found myself sticking with the default BLUR launcher that came with my Atrix 4G. The reason for this is that I'm not much into the widgets, and for the purpose of simply launching apps I found all the launchers to be more or less the same (I know that might start a flame war, but oh well). On my primary home screen I keep a few shortcuts to my favorite apps, for everything else I open up the app drawer and scroll to the app I need, and that's it.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Jul 2012, 15:32 0
i really dig Nova Launcher and GO Launcher. i don't use the ladder anymore but i use Nova on my Razr now. it has real great features but you have to buy the full version or Apex outweighs it.
36. shasoc79 posted on 14 Nov 2012, 09:52 0
I have developed a launcher. Its named MoLauncher. Please give it a try.
38. shasoc79 posted on 15 Nov 2012, 04:21 0
I wanted to post the URL but it didnt allow me to as I am a new member. Its a launcher which uses motion gestures. Please search for MoLauncher on google play website.