10 cell phone companies you've probably never heard of
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:30
Quick, how many cell phone manufacturers can you think of? Samsung, Apple, Nokia, LG, HTC, Sony, and Motorola are the few names that spring to mind almost instantly, which is not surprising given the popularity of their mobile devices. However, there is a whole bunch of cell phone makers that are so obscure that you've probably never heard of them. Or have you? Well, there's one way to find out!...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:37 6 2
The Last One, Xiaomi. I see potential in it.
But... Who's that Apple again? Ah... The one who is in lawsuit now with Samsung and makes great tablets, I remembered.
2. ajac09 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:40 0 0
Love to see all these makers cross into the US more choices= better pricing. Id love to see one day when i walk into a cell phone store I choose my phone first and then go home and decide on my carrier. And I can choose from the cheap crap phones to the awesome phones that the carriers currently have. Like make it a walmart experience. Do I want the great value galaxy s3 or the real one?
3. lonestrider posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:54 2 0
What about Nexian? Mito? Sagem? Have you heard those?
5. JunitoNH posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:10 12 0
Boy some of those phone look way better than the S3 design.
10. wendygarett posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:39 2 12
This article is so android biased
I would skip this as well
12. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:13 4 2
have you seen any other manufacturers using iOS? these manufacturers use android coz its famous and its free... while WP, they need to pay... and there's no other OS that these manufacturers can use...
in the philippines, we got cherry mobile, starmobile,myphone, and torque... they all use android now.. coz its free and famous... and they are very cheap... around 3000 pesos
15. TROLL posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:10 2 0
There cheap cause there budget handsets.
Unlike oneX. S3. And others.
22. kindlefireowner posted on 20 Aug 2012, 17:03 1 2
What a dumb statement.
13. VZWuser76 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:20 2 0
Maybe because Apple doesn't allow iOS on any other manufacturer's hardware. Same for RIM. The only other OS that could be put on any manufacturer's hardware is WP, but since that has hardware requirements, Android is about the only choice. Weren't you saying just yesterday that you were an android user but also collected iPhones? If that's actually true I'm surprised you didn't know this.
26. OptimusOne posted on 20 Aug 2012, 22:29 0 0
I thought RIM was going to license blackberry 10?
14. TROLL posted on 20 Aug 2012, 12:08 0 1
ios will never let other company use there OS.
31. The_Godfather posted on 21 Aug 2012, 01:25 0 0
Cause no one wants to use iOS mate :)
30. The_Godfather posted on 21 Aug 2012, 01:22 0 0
Wendygarett:- Go and write your own articles then lolzzzz
7. Commentator posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:18 4 0
No offence, but it seems like PA was really stretching at the end there. I'm pretty sure the last three (Xiaomi, INQ, and Blu) have even been featured in the news fairly recently.
9. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 3 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:29 0 1
plus one....BlackBerry, LOL just kidding
here's my list of obscure cellphone companies :
-Nexian which stands for "Next Generation" situated in indonesia
25. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 3 days ago posted on 20 Aug 2012, 22:15 0 0
LOL, how do you know that phone ? live there ?
11. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 20 Aug 2012, 11:00 0 0
Philippine phone manufacturers, check out their androids.
23. ncv144 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 18:11 0 0
Acatel, they make sturdiest phones in my country and they are cheaper than dirt
24. Fuego84 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 22:02 0 0
Lol @ imate..... I mate at night was the first thing that came to mind.
28. rusticguy posted on 20 Aug 2012, 23:39 1 0
Imate was Dubai based company. It was more selling branded versions of HTC. Their lifetime warranty phone was 810F and not the earlier ones. Company ceased to exist after 2009 i think.
29. Johnnokia posted on 20 Aug 2012, 23:52 0 0
I had I-mate and it was really wonderful and tough ..
Thanks for GSM Arena , I knew most of those companies.
If I would live 90 years and lose my memory , I would never forget my Holy Great Nokia 3310 ... my first phone.
34. rusticguy posted on 21 Aug 2012, 08:23 1 0
My Imate Jam (almost 7 years old now with 1 terrible accident where the device flew out of pocket and landed on road with cover and battery all in different directions) and Nokia Communicator (which i could drop from shoulder height and it still wont go bad) still works ... being from old school i still love the communicator's physical qwerty with 5.5 rows of keys :)
32. yuvananda posted on 21 Aug 2012, 03:53 1 0
Karboon and Micromax are very popular in India. They stormed into the scene by releasing dual, triple, and quad sim phones(?) way back in early 2009. They are cheap and crap as well.
33. Raymond_htc posted on 21 Aug 2012, 05:20 0 0
I only heard of Xiao Mi.... they made the MiUI :) it seemed that Xiao Mi Phone 2 will boast a beastly high benchmark of 7000+.. omg