10 best things to do with an old smartphone
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 04:26 posted on
Chances are that you have an old phone or two collecting dust, forgotten in a drawer somewhere around your house. We all do. Surely this can't be the best way to treat old, unused, and obsolete electronics, can it? Of course not...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i usually smash it with a sledgehammer or use it as a weapon in case a dog chases me
4. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
:D:D Do you really use it as a weapon ?? Is it Nokia 3310? :D
19. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
No it was a bb curve.. Nokia 3310 is too insane
7. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Why on earth would you do that? You musty be so rich and spoilt.
PA, do you really recommend option 7? Why dont you just recycle it or give it off to someone who dont have the previlege of owning a smartphone? Everything else except option 7 makes sense to me. Personally, I usually give away my old smartphone to someone in need. Just said what was in my mind, thats it.
18. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
No I'm not rich at all.. I only have one phone
Because it was already broken
21. TritonForceX (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Hmm, just like Option 2! It's interesting the more common sense ideas are first on the list, and if any of those aren't an option, you can look further down the list. Chill out.
Like they said, YouTube is full of people destroying stuff because...some people think it's funny as hell. Me, I'm 32, and my daughter is 4, and we both think one of the funniest things ever is if you go to YouTube and search for "Harlem Shake Washing Machine."
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I keep all my phones as a memory of the devices i once used.
2. istitch (Posts: 181; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
or dump it into the water and observe the water leak into the hardware and die
mine's xperia z
9. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
best way recycle your old nokia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Ill will take any old phone you give in any condition as a donation please send me info ill give you mine to send your old phone thanks
6. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I just keep them with me & let them die whenever they want. I dnt like to murder them ;)
10. mydi.maus (unregistered)
ohh right now have three in my fish tank using it as ship wreck display..one i smash it and cut in half i call it titanic...:)
11. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I used an old Samsung Gio as a GPS tracker in my sons bag to make sure he gets to school and home safely usin Life360 works a treat for 2 days on a single charge. Since he discovered it I had to upgrade it to an S2 so he can play games after school.
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
My omnia2 is still functional except that it's touch screen is broken. So instead of having the trouble and spend money on repairing it, I just decided to put it somewhere in my house since I don't need it anymore
13. papss (unregistered)
Craigslist is where mine go
14. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
I gave them away :) Im so happy to see the smile on their faces when they receive it :)
15. red_fox (unregistered)
option No. 1, 4 and 5 make more sense to me.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No. 7 - The worst choice!
I'd rather give it away instead of killing it!
22. TritonForceX (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
I hooked my Droid X2 up to my stereo full time so I can get Slacker Radio on it while I'm shooting pool. Being the Droid X2 though, it is a prime candidate for a YouTube destruction video!
23. taikucing (unregistered)
should be in the museum, so that our grand children will know what the phones look like in the past XD
24. FlushGordon (unregistered)
I still have my iphone 3gs...I dunno it's been sitting there forever in ny closet...I cannot even use it as an mp3 player coz it's only 8 gigs
25. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I use my old phones as dash cams! Never know when something crazy could happen on the road, or it could help you if you're involved in a wreck.
26. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Home WiFi, Google Voice, and VoIP (I use GrooVe IP) app means my old Droid Eris is now my house phone.
28. bnick25 (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Give it to my brother in law who live in a country where they barley make any money he loves me for it
29. elcer24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I live in the Republic of Panama where stealing Smartphones is the norm. I have had mine stolen 3 times, and contracts and cheap phones are NOT common like in the US. I vote that we all donate our phones to Panama, flood the market with older smart phones, so that theft is no longer a viable option for income.
Donate to Panama! Stop the crime wave. There are only 3,000,000 residents here. With just 1,000,000 donated phones, the black market would disappear making this a much better country to visit and or live in.