10 amazing things a smartphone can do (and you probably don't know about)
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2014, 11:12 posted on
A smartphone's versatility is undisputed. They take photos and videos, send emails back and forth, allow us to access the web, and run apps of all kinds. Did you know, however, that a smartphone could also diagnose your car, read chips embedded in documents, and even act as a do-it-yourself microscope?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4546; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That's indeed cool. Who would have thought?
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
1st one is Amazing which I never heard it before
3. SuperNexus (Posts: 124; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Didn't know about that.
4. techspace (Posts: 815; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I already knew most of them....the first one is my favorite, I saw that for the 1st time in a video on YouTube(vsauce)
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3464; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I realized it when I was playing with my camera and saw some purple spots on my Wii U sensor bar lol :)
16. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
One of the rare times we can agree with each other xD...
7. wilsong17 (unregistered)
never knew about the passport but most of these thing are for android right/
17. tyger11 (Posts: 94; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The iPhone doesn't even have NFC, so it can't read the passport data. Maybe the iPhone 6 will step into the modern era on that front.
10. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
i have used #9 before for a land survey. we had one of the pins and the owner said there was a pin on the other side of the yard. we knew how far from the pin we had so we used a lawnchair to get a distance. sure enough after a little digging we found the pin in that general area.
11. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
There's another one our cell phones can also detect magnetic rays....using a simple app
12. LuckyS (Posts: 142; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
You meant 10 things Android phones can do. Iphone can't do most of that and this is just a very short list.
18. corporateJP (Posts: 2257; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I know what it is, yes.
But, you can "mine" for free Bitcoins?