10 amazing things a smartphone can do (and you probably don't know about)
10 peculiar things a smartphone can do
1. Detect infrared light
2. Read data from passports using NFC
3. Pair with a Bluetooth headset for an improvised remote camera shutter
4. Make money by mining Bitcoins
5. Help cure cancer
6. DIY microscope, just add water
7. Perform car diagnostics, OBD-II
8. Connect to a USB stick or a mouse
9. Measure distances with a camera
10. Measure altitude and air pressure
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3880; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That's indeed cool. Who would have thought?
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
1st one is Amazing which I never heard it before
3. SuperNexus (Posts: 113; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Didn't know about that.
4. techspace (Posts: 607; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I already knew most of them....the first one is my favorite, I saw that for the 1st time in a video on YouTube(vsauce)
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2539; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I realized it when I was playing with my camera and saw some purple spots on my Wii U sensor bar lol :)
16. nobelset (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
One of the rare times we can agree with each other xD...
7. wilsong17 (Posts: 837; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
never knew about the passport but most of these thing are for android right/
17. tyger11 (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The iPhone doesn't even have NFC, so it can't read the passport data. Maybe the iPhone 6 will step into the modern era on that front.
10. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
i have used #9 before for a land survey. we had one of the pins and the owner said there was a pin on the other side of the yard. we knew how far from the pin we had so we used a lawnchair to get a distance. sure enough after a little digging we found the pin in that general area.
11. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
There's another one our cell phones can also detect magnetic rays....using a simple app
12. LuckyS (Posts: 42; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
You meant 10 things Android phones can do. Iphone can't do most of that and this is just a very short list.
18. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I know what it is, yes.
But, you can "mine" for free Bitcoins?