1.6 billion phones shipped in 2012, Samsung, Apple and Nokia are top three makers
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Jan 2013, 04:06
A couple of weeks after 2012 is over analysts have had the time and numbers to give us a look back at the year, and we get some extremely interesting statistics…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. platformwars posted on 25 Jan 2013, 04:10 9 5
Nokia still at No. 3?? Surprising.. i believe that this number is for all mobile phones including feature phones..
Release a TOP 10 manufacturers for SMART PHONES and we might see a different story
18. maxis3G (unregistered) posted on 25 Jan 2013, 07:45 0 3
but going down...
10. jcpwn2004 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:28 0 1
Nokia is 3rd in smartphone share now, down to 6%, yikes!
edit: looks like tyler already beat me
14. w-t-f posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:59 1 0
8. MC1123 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:27 1 4
totally agree... nokia sold 86Million featurephones including the asha touch...
actually they already release those numbers before (on smartphones) and nokia is nowhere to be found... top 1 is samsung 2 is apple 3 is i think RIM or ZTE
9. TylerGrunter posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:27 1 0
They did the TOP 5 and it's not in it:
21. haseebzahid posted on 25 Jan 2013, 11:10 1 0
this is based on global stats u are surprised since u only add USA or EU as target maybe. Nokia sales more in world then others till now samsung
3. dickwyn posted on 25 Jan 2013, 04:19 9 3
see how Samsung can overtake nokia for first place but they still cant beat previous nokia sales yet
4. kaliil10 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 04:30 12 4
Nokia its the king... and it will be back to its position
23. phonemirer posted on 26 Jan 2013, 10:21 1 0
i hope they release a l922 because it will probably be trouncing 2013 flagships like l920 did
6. cyborg009 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:15 3 7
I was surprised to read Nokia in the title...this doesn't look Ok!!!
11. MC1123 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:37 0 1
im more impress on apple since they only release 1 phone every year and they sell the last 2 models on lower price(not cheaper since it is still pricey) so they only sell 3 phones with huge pricetag but they still end up on #2 spot!
im not surprise with samsung since they flood the market with their gazillion feature phones and android phones so its no shocker that they will end up #1!
and also on nokia, im like 50:50 since there's even cheaper phone than their own feature phone.. there's a dual core android with respectable specs (yes there's a below $100 with IPS LCD running on ICS) that has the same price with their freaking ashas..but again, nokia is a trusted brand... but for how long? since i really hate the FULL WP plan....
i like the move of samsung that they will make their own platform now called tizen so that they wont rely much on android! but nokia, they let go of the most amazing OS ever, MeeGo, they killed the most powerful OS ever which it only needs a real support now coz it actually catch up with the game, Symbian(yes, there's a lot of things that symbian can do and android/iOS/WP cant)...sad life of nokia with the parasite called elop destroying them!
12. Xperia_no1 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 05:41 1 1
OH No, I Hate China but they've done well !
Sony will take the second Prize this 2013...! I hope so...
15. papss posted on 25 Jan 2013, 06:44 4 3
Always so much hate for Nokia.. People try the damn phone before you knock the OS. It all makes sense when you have a l920.. It feels right, perfect marriage. You are running out of doom and gloom comments
20. No_Nonsense posted on 25 Jan 2013, 09:50 0 0
Yeah, although I'd personally wanted that phone a bit narrower and with a xenon flash rather than the dual led one.
22. RiseAgainst94 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 13:41 1 0
Yeah but at least they did an excellent job with the dual LED.
16. sonofzeus posted on 25 Jan 2013, 06:50 1 0
Even though nokia is on the top 3,you can clearly see the drop in the number of phones shipped by nokia in 2012 when compared to 2011
17. papss posted on 25 Jan 2013, 07:30 2 0
But you can clearly see they are selling more phones than 95% of all manufactures
19. jonartpop posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:35 3 0
Yay nokia! I'm not a fan of Nokia but before I used to use their great
24. cripton805 posted on 26 Jan 2013, 22:20 0 0
I dont even know where you can get a Nokia other than the 920.